Fun and Sexy

Title:  Back in Black - SBC Fighters Series

Author:  Lori Foster

Publisher:  Berkley

Description:
Drew Black, president of the SBC fighting organization, is as controversial as they come. But the hot-headed entrepreneur is a perfect match for his popular sports club venture: uncompromising and extreme. Maybe too extreme. With a reputation for saying what he thinks, Drew's been causing a lot of friction. That's why someone's been called in to clean up his image — before he does any permanent damage.

The lucky lady is Gillian Noode, a PR expert who's smoothed out the rough edges on many a man. But Drew is rougher than anyone she's ever met, and he refuses to change for any woman, for any reason. To make matters more complicated, Gillian's starting to like him raw. Now, opposites aren't only attracting - they're igniting. But in the rising heat, who will end up on top?

Review:
As the president of the SBC, a mixed martial arts organization, Drew Black is a public figure in the eyes of the fighters and the fans.  He is the brilliant business mind behind the growth of the organization and knows it.  He is also known to speak his mind without filters.  Enter one Gillian Noode, PR extraordinaire, who has been brought in to remake Drew's image.  Gillian finds it more difficult than she thought when Drew seems to always be one step ahead of her but after death threats are made she finds herself intrigued by his smooth way of dealing with everything that seems to be thrown his way.

Brett Bullman is an SBC hopeful, trying to get his contract to fight.  Brett meets the beautiful Audrey Porter while she pickets against the SBC with her group WAVS, Women Against Violent Sports.  He finds himself drawn to her even as she fights against his passion of MMA fighting.  Audrey has to come to terms with her past in order to move forward with Brett.

I have really enjoyed this whole series, except for My Man Michael, and was glad to finally get the chance to learn more about Drew.  Lori Foster has a real knack for keeping the story upbeat and fun even and very sexy.  I have to say that BACK IN BLACK contains one of my favorite sex scenes of all time.  I loved Gillian's no nonsense, tough as nails attitude and Drew's cocky demeanor that hides a softer side that he doesn't let most people see.  I hope to see more in the SBC Fighters series from Ms. Foster!

~ Courtney ~


Where to find Lori:

Comments

Hey honey, great review! Thanks for showcasing Ms. Foster.. I am off to check her books out!!!!

Hope all is well... and guess what... now we can put up the badge!!! Yayayayay.... it is getting closer!!! happy dance
Hell Kat said…
Thanks hon!! I love her books... definitely check them out!

I know! It's posted up... yayayayay!!! *doing happy dance* Can't wait!
Christina said…
I am looking forward to reading this book. I loved Causing Havoc so much. Sorry you didn't like My Man Michael. I read it first so didn't have any kind of SBC knowledge so I was able to enjoy it as kind of a stand alone book. To top it all off I don't really care for time travel books either but this one really talked to me.
Hell Kat said…
I think it was because I had already read the rest of them and the time travel threw me off... it was okay just wasn't expecting it... plus I'm not big on the time travel either... love the rest of them though!

Popular Posts