Thunderstorms

Just a little random writing...


The sound of the rain on my window was hypnotic.  I lay there in bed as the dark clouds rolled in over the tops of the trees creating shadows that danced outside my window.  The wind was blowing hard enough to cause the branches to tap on the glass.  Mesmerized by the oncoming storm my heart slowed and my body began to relax.  There is something about a thunderstorm that has always let my mind clear and focus on the beauty of nature.  The surreal feeling of being absolutely powerless to change the world around me.  It calms me, knowing there are some things I can't change, things that are outside my grasp of responsibility.  Sometimes it seems as if the weight of the world is crashing down on top of me, leaving me breathless, just lookinjg for a way to survive.  Thunderstorms though, they remind me that even when the weather is turbulant, as life can sometimes be, that in the aftermath the sky does clear, the sun does once again shine and the world blooms brightest after the rain.


May the sun shine and the world bloom for you everyday!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have some wonderful wisdom..
Hell Kat said…
We all have wisdom in our own right... what we have been through and are currently going through along with the life lessons that we learn daily...
Tom Delgado said…
I have some wonderful wisdom..

Popular Posts